Friday, September 16, 2005

~ Best Little Steakhouse in Florida ~

I'm VERY excited about this restaurant starting up again!

For those of you reading this that don't live in Florida and have no past experience with Bridd or his steakhouse chain - you will have no way to know why this is exciting. But trust my father and I about this one!

I was the first male waiter to ever work at Bridd's steakhouse. It was absolute torture to be surrounded by good-looking young girls in tight jeans and t-shirts everyday, but I dealt with it. Every day was a challenge.

Bridd's restaurant had a major impact on my life. Let me start by saying that I only worked at one of 15 thriving locations. Knowing how big this was in the past makes me excited about the potential now. But anyway - I worked at only one location. The experience was rewarding and quite fun.

Back then I had only just begun to show an interest in country music. Working there and hearing the live country band playing every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night pushed me over the edge. Country soon became my favorite music genre and remains as such today.

The atmosphere was awesome. Good music, incredible steaks (not like anywhere else), and the biggest bar I'd seen anywhere. The bar was raised up so you could watch the band playing from up high. And everyone seemed to know each other. You've all heard the "Cheers" song that says, "Sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name." Well, this restaurant and country bar was exactly that. It was a place for regulars to feel at home.

I know it will be a big success and am shocked it took Bridd so long to get back into the restaurant business. He is definitely a people-person whose personality played a HUGE roll in the restaurants success. I remember him standing at the front door greeting people, shaking their hands, and welcoming them to the restaurant. Everyone knew who the owner was and they appreciated his attention and obvious interest in their experience at his establishment. I sure hope he is as hands-on as before.

Now you guys need to get that massive stuffed bison back into the front window. That thing was huge and quite a conversation piece.

Oh, the good thing that I didn't mention is that this restaurant is opening up in the exact same location and building as it occupied previously. This is a big deal. A well-designed marketing campaign will bring loyal customers back quickly, and the same friendly and casual atmosphere will keep them loyal.

In my opinion there is NO real competition. I know of 2 country bars and neither compares to what Bridd's place has to offer. Bridd will have live country music, line dancing and the best steaks in town. The other places are VERY commercial. I've been to one, and have heard all about the other.


Good luck on this venture!


I'm excited for you guys and will be a regular myself. I'll also give all my clients gift certificates as closing gifts to get the business some exposure to new customers.

No comments: