Saturday, July 07, 2007

Food at the VA isn't always edible

When I arrived at the VA to visit last night I noticed that my dad ate almost nothing at all for dinner. Obviously, this worried me. So I asked him why he didn't eat and he responded, "Did you see that pork chop!?" Note Exhibit A below.



Exhibit A

Now wanting to see him starve to death I asked him if McDonald's would be more appealing. See Exhibit B.



Exhibit B

I felt sorry for that Big Mac. It didn't stand a chance. And the Sunday went down pretty fast too. I even tried to take a bite of the corn bread that came with the nursing home meal and I literally spat it out in the bathroom. It tasted like ass-flavored cardboard.

But not all of the meals at the VA are like this so don't worry. I've tasted several and they're darn tasty. Last night the cooks must have been drunk or high or mad at something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw better food than that on the dirt floor of a hooch in SEA.
Thank God for Mucky Ducks I guess.
Want to let you know that all of us up here where it used to be cooler are thinking and praying for your recovery.You have given up being a Bush backer haven't you ?
Now Collin Powell-I'd vote for him.

Anonymous said...

What the heck is a hooch? And what is the SEA!? I am guessing a hooch is some sort of Vietnamese dwelling and SEA stands for South East Asia. Did I get it right?