Thursday, April 07, 2005

Rays of Sunshine

Well I visited with the Oncologist and SHE gave me a "ray of hope". Apparently the Pulmonary doctor had me as a stage 4 cancer patient because she believed that there had been some metastisation to my rib bones. Once cancer has done this there is very little else the doctor's can do. However, she ( Oncologist) thinks maybe I am only a stage 2 patient (which she will verify) through some additional testing. I went to Radiology for another chest xray and she has ordered a brain scan as well. They did a test of my blood also to see if there has been any effect on my kidneys or liver. She did say that she knew there was no intrusion into the local lymph nodes which is also a good sign. I will be going back to she her in about 2 weeks for further discussion of my treatments. She suggested I would probably only need radiation but that a further consult with both the pulminary doctor and my thorasic surgeon would be necessary because maybe just maybe I might still be a condidate for an operation that would include both the heart and lungs. I must admit I am not holding out much for that as my lungs are very weak and they may not tolerate an operation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that doctor today, even though she didn't have much of sense of humor. She was very professional and thorough. And what she had to say was pretty positive.

John O'Connor said...

There are more tests and other consultations before we are going to know all that we want to know.