Thursday, July 19, 2007

"R" hath arrived!



Robert Eaton has arrived in Florida as of yesterday. And we're all happy to see him. Robert goes by "R" and has for most of his life. If you don't know him he is quite a character. Everyone is laughing whenever he is around. And no, it is not at him! He just has a way about him that makes people crack up. Trust me.

I picked him up from Tampa International yesterday afternoon and brought him to my father's apartment. He got settled in and then we headed down to the VA to visit my father. Naturally, they were both happy to see each other. I'll try to find a photo of the two of them together, but it will be from months ago. Maybe in the next few days I'll snap some newer pics.

R is staying at my fathers apartment and driving to the nursing home each day to visit. In fact he was there for several hours earlier today, but he plans on doing a second trip with me in about an hour. After seeing the nursing home yesterday R was relieved that it was quite pleasant and the people extremely caring and friendly. We've all been shocked at how well run this place is, to be honest, but my father has been bragging about the VA hospital for years and years.

No comments: