Saturday, April 16, 2005

Back home again

Had breakfast and I'm full of coffee and ready to go. No eggs, bacon or sausage. French toast and coffee w/grits. Read the paper and except for local news everything is the same as TV. I am so full of news I can't stand it anymore.

Looking forward to my trip to Ireland with Tim and Chris and the visit to my grandparents birthplaces. It is more expensive than what I had checked out a year or so ago. The Euro has gone up but they quote their prices both in USD and Euros. Round trip airfare seems to be about $1,000 each and the daily room and board will be anywhere from $50 to $150 depending on the city we are visiting i.e., Killarney or Dublin. My grandfather is from a very little town called Cahirciveen on the Ring of Kerry and my grandmother was from Cork. We have problems as to what her last name really was,.... so we will need to confirm that before we go.

Hope everybody paid their taxes on time. So glad to be out of that loop.

Be good and have a happy day.

No comments: