Monday, September 05, 2005

Needing someone to blame

Why are people blaming Bush for not getting relief into the disaster area? Is it not the local politicians, Mayors, Councilmen, Governors, Senators and community leaders who are responsible? Oh I know the Corp of Engineers were responsible for building proper dikes but the money comes from the state and local governments as well as the fed’s. The National Guard can be called upon by the Governors of those effected states. Sure Bush can add his punch to the whole things but I see enormous problems with those effected states and the emergency programs they had in place. Bush is a becoming an escape-goat for all those mean tempered people who need someone to hate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally! They should have left when they could. It easier to blame others than to admit they were wrong for staying. Even if I had not a dime in my pocket, I would have taken my children and ran on foot! They are using Bush as their excuse for their stupidity!!

I feel better now! LOL - Hope you are well!

Diana

Anonymous said...

This two-party system has it's ups and downs. I think both parties are responsible for finger-pointing. Every opportunity that arises you will see partisan jabs.

Bush isn't responsible for the Katrina Hurricane, the damage caused by the levee breaking, nor the rescue and recovery efforts. When you live in the bottom of a drained swimming pool you had better not be shocked that one day youi might wake up underwater.