Thursday, September 08, 2005

New thing are happening

Well, my friend Bridd asked me to give him a hand installing some new equipment on his computer and also to install some software. It has been a major task as some of the software I have never seen before i.e. Bar Code Printing. He sells to about 2,000 Walgreen drugstores small items which they in turn sell to their customers. Each shipment must contain a bar code label to place on each item that can be scanner at the cash register. I had never installed a thermal label printer and it didn't go smoothly. I also have been attempting to install a scanner on his computer that I have been using on my computer for 2 years and I can’t get it install, Oh well tomorrow is another day and I will get the job done.

For those of you who may be interested, I am starting a business venture with my friend Bridd. He has a wholesale distributorship now that is very successful and at one time he had been in the restaurant business. The restaurant (12 locations) was a Country Western Style TEXAS STEAKHOUSE where you can watch the food being prepared out front and the best dam steak and sauce you have ever eaten in your life and they were successful for more than 15 years. For reasons which I will not explain here, he got out of that business and has been out of it for about 8 years or so. He has decided to do one again and I am going to be a minor partner. I am very familiar with his restaurants from the past and this is going to be a fun thing for me. I have needed to be busier than I have been these past few years and this is just what the doctor ordered. There are investment possibilities for any of you who might be so inclined. Send me a personal email or call me and I will take the time to explain. This is a winner. Should you decide to contact me please understand that I know a contact from you does not imply any commitment. There are questions to be answer but in private conversation not here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck